Please carefully read Outreach Free Clinic and Resource Center Responsibilities determined by the clinic Directors and staff. In order to provide a safe and professional environment, patients are required to adhere to these guidelines. These guidelines have been designed to optimize health care outcomes. Failure to comply with the guidelines may result in discharge from Outreach Free Clinic and Resource Center.
The volunteer clinicians donate their services to Outreach Free Clinic and Resource Center. However, all patients will be asked and expected to contribute to the Clinic’s operations by providing a donation upon each visit to help offset the cost of operating expenses. Please make your clinic donation a priority.
- Be on time – Please come 20 minutes before scheduled appointments to be processed through intake and case management. If you arrive 20 minutes late without calling, we may have to reschedule your appointment.
- Be patient – There may be times when the clinic is short volunteers and/or the medical providers may run behind schedule. The clinic is also a teaching facility which may result in slightly longer visits.
- Be courteous – The physicians, nurses, pharmacist and receptionists are volunteers. They give their time and expertise to help at no charge. Absolutely no verbal abuse or combative behavior will be tolerated and will result in immediate discharge from the clinic.
- Keep all scheduled appointments or call to cancel no less than 24 hours before or be considered a no show. Upon the first no show, the patient will be issued a warning. Upon the second no-show, the patient will be discharged from the clinic for up to six (6) months. We are here for you. Please be here for us!
- Provide necessary documentation – We may need to ask for additional financial verification and ask that you provide the requested materials in a timely manner.
- Agree to take all medications prescribed by medical provider as directed. Not following your medical plan may result in discharge from the clinic.
- Refill medications as needed. Due to irregular clinic hours, medications should be requested a minimum of one week prior to running out.
- Keep all scheduled referral appointments with physicians, x-rays and procedures – These appointments cannot be rescheduled and may result in the clinic losing valuable privileges for future patients in need of these services.
Outreach Free Clinic and Resource Center volunteers and staff are under no obligation to care for those who do not comply with these principles and or who are disruptive to our operations.